I have another awesome recipe for you. I can go as far as to say that this easy breakfast idea is amazing! I made salmon for dinner a few nights ago and it was delish! But after my sides were all done, I had more salmon left over and wanted to put another spin on it.
I kinda love breakfast food and figured I’d whip something up for a good morning meal. And since I love eggs especially, it just kinda made sense.
This recipe is pretty easy, the hardest part is probably seasoning the salmon enough (I HATE bland food sooo much). Not only is it easy but it has various layers of flavors and is oh-so-yummy!
Looking for a twist to your breakfast or brunch? Try this easy breakfast idea, you will not regret it.
- 3 - 4 eggs
- half onion diced
- half red pepper diced
- 1 c spinach
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp dill leaves
- 2 tbsp grapeseed or avocado oil
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil (for eggs)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (optional)
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning (optional)
- half of a lemon
- 1 small to med. salmon fillet
- Clean (remove skin) and season salmon with half the salt, pepper, onion powder, dill and lemon. Add the olive oil (optional) to add extra flavor to your fish. Rub ingredients into the fish and set aside.
- Crack eggs into a bowl adding remaining salt and pepper and some onion powder if you like. I like to add Italian seasoning to mine as well. Mix eggs and seasonings together and set mixture aside
- Add your grapeseed oil to a non stick skillet and add your fish - cook about 5 mins each side (depending on thickness) until it can flake with a fork. Flake fish into bite sized and smaller pieces and set aside again.
- In a separate, heated skillet, add another tablespoon of oil and add spinach,
- onions and peppers - cook about 5 mins or until soft.
- Add egg mixture to skillet and begin to turn/stir with spatula as the egg forms underneath.
- Add salmon and spinach to skillet, continuing to stir the eggs until they scramble and become fluffy.
- Just before taking eggs out of the skillet, add cheese and mix into the eggs.
- Stir, serve and enjoy!