Ok, so I know that we just celebrated thanksgiving and there was food galore (hopefully). But if you’re like me and always have to have cranberry sauce/relish at dinner, and probably the only one – then you have some left over. Now what exactly happens to left over cranberry sauce? It probably sits until its trashed – well not any more. I’ve got for you, an easy, 3 ingredient cranberry bars recipe. Yup, just 3 simple ingredients and a few simple steps. This is easy and delicious at the same time.
Using plain ole cake mix (yellow or white will do), a stick of butter and cranberry relish (see my recipe here) you can transform that leftover cranberry sauce into something yummy.
See the recipe below for this quick, sweet fix and do enjoy your cranberry bars!
- 1 box cake mix (yellow or white)
- 1 stick melted butter
- 1 jar (8-10 oz) of cranberry relish
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- In a glass mixing bowl, melt 1 stick of butter in the microwave (about 4 mins)
- Add cake mix to the melted butter, stirring as you go
- Mixture will get sticky and hard to stir, so with clean hands begin to mix the two together
- Once you get a good mix, add mixture to a 9x13 baking pan (or whatever similar size you have)
- Spread mixture and press to the bottom as if to form a crust in the pan
- Once your pan is covered, add cranberry relish on top, covering the crust
- Place pan into the oven and bake uncovered for 35 - 45 mins - until crust begins to brown lightly and relish becomes thicker (like jelly)
- Once done, remove from oven and let cool for 30 mins
- Slice bars into squares and enjoy alone or a la mode.